Sunday, November 7, 2010

can you repeat that?

Yesterday, I was grateful for my car. I like my car…a lot. but if you’ve ever ridden in it in the past like..year you know that it is OUTRAGEOUSLY loud. Like if you want to carry on a conversation with the person in the passenger seat then you might as well wait until you are wherever you’re supposed to be cause theres no way they’ll be able to hear you over my tires. (it isn’t really my tires..its my wheel bearings..the things that spin your tires I guess?) Personally, I’ve gotten used to it..but then whenever I have new people in my car and I see them look around and grab the oh-crap handle like we’re about to take off into outerspace..i remember. Anyways, so I have always been grateful for it but it makes it a little bit hard to be as proud of it as I was when I first got it two years ago. Well yesterday I finally took it in to get it fixed cause it was starting to make a different noise that threw me off.
Yes, it was expensive, and yes it took them a day longer than they said it would BUT the fact is..its perfect again. I re-fell in love. I wasn’t expecting the silence when I pulled out of the mechanics but it was there and it was deafening..but the good kind of deafening! Plus, it made me grateful for my stereo..i had no clue it could be so loud :)
Today, I’m grateful for shoeboxes and baskets and bags and other things that make organizing so easy and enjoyable.

No comments: