Today i'm grateful for those times when youre by yourself and you witness something that genuinely makes you smile. Like a legit smile where you start feeling dorky.
When I was living in Ohio, there was a time that a main road was closed and i was so annoyed cause my GPS kept yelling at me to make turns that weren't possible and i was on my way to a movie that was about to start, but then i turned down this neighborhood and saw an older lady holding on to the back of a wobbly bike, and sitting on that bike was a little girl decked out in ever single piece of safety gear imaginable looking terrified...and a few feet away facing her was her dad and he was cheering her on and clapping while her grandma helped push her off so she could try and ride a bike without training wheels. I literally slowed down to see if she'd make it. And she did. but even before that i had that dorky smile.
Then today when i was driving through campus I saw two old people in their driveways that were across the street from eachother...one was a man, and one was a woman..because of the wind, both of their garbage cans had blown over and when the old man saw the old lady start to bend down to pick hers up he started waving his arms saying he'd get it for her. I'm pretty sure it took him longer to cross the street than it would have for her to just pick it up. But the point is, he did it for her and it made me smile.
I really hope i can do somehting for someone else that will make a stranger sitting in their car smile like those people did. :) It's the best feeling in the world..its a good reminder.. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment